Veterans Support Centre Belconnen ACT (02) 6255 1599
DVA Claims

Who can we help?

If you are serving or have served in the Australian Defence Force either full-time or part-time, in peacetime, or on peacekeeping missions or operational service – you are a veteran. DVA has further defined a ‘Veteran’ as a person who has served one full day in the Australian Defence Force.

If you are injured during your service you are encouraged to lodge a claim (s) for compensation with the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA). Injuries can be:

  • physical
  • environmental
  • psychological

Lodging claims

Lodging claims can be a complicated process and seeking assistance from an Ex Service Organisation (ESO) is recommended. Not all claimants are aware of the SoP’s that are used by DVA to assess their claim.

Statistics show that over 75% of people who prepare and lodge their own initial DVA claims are unsuccessful.

Our aim is to reduce stress and anxiety, and increase the chances of a successful outcome.

We have a number of Pension Officers / Advocates some with 20 years knowledge and experience who are able to assist in:

  • Preparing and lodging claims primary claims with the DVA;
  • Providing representation at the Veterans Review Board when a veteran appeals against a decision by DVA;
  • Providing representation at the Administrative Appeals Tribunal when a veteran appeals against a VRB decision.

Concessions information for eligible DVA clients

The National Seniors website provides information to eligible Veterans and Seniors on what concessions they may be entitled to.

The information contained in the website is a guide to assist Veterans and Seniors and should be checked with the relevant provider.

National Seniors Concession Calculator